Kerberos wrapper

Oliver Loch grimeton at gmx.net
Sat Dec 1 17:40:31 EST 2012

Hello,

while playing around with some ideas on sending notifies from/to a machine, I started playing with inetd and ended up missing a Kerberos wrapper.

I'm not even sure if it can be done with Kerberos, but the idea is to have a tool similar to "stunnel" ( https://www.stunnel.org/index.html ), that can be "intercepted" into the data stream between the executed command of inetd and the client on the other end. Besides providing authentication (and authorization), it could also provide encryption, like Kerberos/GSSAPI does in some OpenLDAP scenarios.

KR,

Oliver