Kerberos contexts - definition?

Derek Warren warren at sfu.ca
Wed Aug 29 13:46:15 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-27, at 12:49 PM, steve wrote:
> BTW, does mounting with Kerberized nfs3 work? It may help narrow down
> the problem.

Hmm, I wasn't even aware that was possible. I just tried this and wound up with the same rpc.gssd error:

On 2012-08-27, at 2:51 PM, Nico Williams wrote:
> Did you setup the SPNs in AD properly?

I believe so, but I would be delighted to hear of anything I could correct.

# net ads join createupn="nfs/nfsserver.example.com at AD.EXAMPLE.COM" createcomputer="OU" -U $BINDUSER%$BINDPASSWD

# net ads keytab add nfs

After these two steps, here's how the servicePrincipalName attribute for the NFSSERVER$ computer object looks in our Win2K8 R2 AD:

	HOST/NFSSERVER
	HOST/nfsserver.example.com
	NFS/nfsserver
	NFS/nfsserver.example.com
	NFS/NFSSERVER.EXAMPLE.COM/nfsserver
	NFS/NFSSERVER.EXAMPLE.COM/nfsserver.example.com

Looks the same for nfsclient.example.com.

Does that look right?

Many thanks,
--
Derek Warren, IT Services, Research Computing Group, Simon Fraser University