remctl endpoints

Andy Cobaugh phalenor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:34:45 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-09 at 15:15, Ken Dreyer ( ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com ) said:
> In the course of setting up remctl for our AFS infrastructure, I was
> wondering how other sites expose remctld servers to their users. Do
> you have a hostname that's dedicated to this service, such as
> remctl.example.edu ?

I wrote a little wrapper script for remctl for afs purposes:

     http://www.personal.psu.edu/~atc135/afs-control

In theory you could have several remctld servers that can be used for afs
operations (in my case, calling afs-backend with some hacks to make it use
LDAP for access contorl). The afs-control wrapper would randomize over a
list of hostnames in $AFS_BACKEND_SERVERS, and continue trying until it
found one that worked.

--andy