Information on "Kadmin.local" database lock error

Abhilash S abhilashvkm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 22:09:48 EDT 2012

Hello Tom,

Version and OS:
                 we have kerberos 1.9.2 version.
                 It is running under Linux (x86_64 GNU/Linux).

KDC Traffic :
               we do have heavy kadmin traffic.
                we used to get avg or 4-7 Authentication request per second
For updating kerberos database  , we have a java code which forks
"kadmin.local" utility , and uses kdc commands to
create/modify/delete  principals,

This doesn't happens regularly but we gets this error at least 10 to 15 per
month.
Principle file size will be around 1.3G.

KDC config :

 [kdcdefaults]
     kdc_ports = 4160
     kdc_tcp_ports = 4160