kprop and "Client not found in Kerberos database"

fafaforza fafaforza at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:49:06 EDT 2011

On 10/26/2011 1:51 PM, Greg Hudson wrote:
> On 10/26/2011 01:08 PM, fafaforza wrote:
>>      # kprop -r JABBER.DOMAIN.NET -f DUMP.FILE -s /etc/krb5.jabber.keytab
>>      -d kerberos-ha.domain.net
>>      kprop: Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
>>      ticket
> You didn't mention what version of Kerberos you're using.  If it's MIT
> krb5 1.9.x, you can set KRB5_TRACE to a filename and get more
> information about what kprop is trying to do.

Using 1.6.3, and doesn't look like KRB6_TRACE was an option in that
release.  But I'm too chicken to try an upgrade at this point :)

To add a bit of info, this is what I see in /var/log/krb5.log:

    CLIENT_NOT_FOUND: host/kerberos.domain.net at JABBER.DOMAIN.NET for
    host/kerberos-ha.domain.net at JABBER.DOMAIN.NET, Client not found in
    Kerberos database

Trying to figure out the causality in the "host for host" part, but am
not sure.

--
Darek