OpenLDAP backend with StartTLS

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Tue Oct 4 00:57:30 EDT 2011

I stuff the LDAP env vars before I start krb5kdc:

/etc/sysconfig$ cat krb5kdc
KRB5KDC_ARGS=
KRB5REALM=
LDAPTLS_CERT=/var/cosign/crt/ldap-client-krbkdc.crt; export LDAPTLS_CERT
LDAPTLS_KEY=/var/cosign/crt/ldap-client-krbkdc.key; export LDAPTLS_KEY
LDAPSASL_MECH=EXTERNAL; export LDAPSASL_MECH
DAEMON_COREFILE_LIMIT=unlimited

I can test this by setting them in the shell and using

ldapvi -d -Y EXTERNAL

and it'll tell you who you're connected as, which comes from the
CN=blah,O=blah in the certs.  Then, you have to set up your dbmodules in
kdc.conf.

Chris