Microsoft SSPI error - Security System was unable to authenticate to the server HTTP/host because the server has completed the authentication, but the client authentication protocol Kerberos has not

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 10:12:30 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have configuration of active directory 2003 r2 sp3 working with
linux mod_auth_kerb.
I use SPNEGO for subversion.
When using Linux all work great!
When using Windows XP(and Windows 7) Firefox/IE/cifs client work great.

Problem is subversion which uses neon, it get the following:
---
Running post_send hooks
ah_post_send (#1), code is 201 (want 401), WWW-Authenticate is Negotiate oYGfMIG
coAMKAQChCwYJKoZIhvcSAQICooGHBIGEYIGBBgkqhkiG9xIBAgICAG9yMHCgAwIBBaEDAgEPomQwYqA
DAgEXolsEWTLvPLmZvxBgaMEmPDDTIeG9bdJ5rmfTEtsj6Cv9eF9s9Z8sBWhVhPXYzIVsm/sw0hqR+1u
DM9frpOeV2Y0YGtDk2flN5iOM/HdEujj0GXAYEWHvPp/3kSc2
auth: SSPI challenge.
InitializeSecurityContext [fail] [80090304].
sspi: initializeSecurityContext [failed] [80090304].
---

At windows event log I see the following:
---
Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	LSASRV
Event Category:	SPNEGO (Negotiator)