Date format and mailing list question

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 6 00:18:37 EDT 2011

On 11/05/2011 06:54 PM, Christopher Hogan wrote:
> I did read the Date Format section of the Administrator's Guide.
> However, none of the examples work.

I tried all of the examples with current code and two of them fail, but
the rest of them work.

The failure is happening because there is a heretofore unknown bug in
the handling of relative times in month or year units which causes "next
year" and "1 month" to fail some of the time (depends on the value of
stack garbage).  Also, the handling of "next" is pretty much wrong
unless followed by a weekday--it's synonymous with "2", so "next year"
gives you the current time plus two years, if it doesn't fail.

"11/31/2012 10:00:07 MST" doesn't work because November only has thirty
days.  The most similar example in the admin guide is "3/31/1992
10:00:07 PST" which does work.

> On a different matter, is there a searchable version of this mailing
> list? I found the archives at:
> http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/ However, I could not find a
> way to search it other than parsing each thread manually.

What I usually do is download the complete raw archive and search that
in a text editor, since it's not that big.  An alternative is to google
for "site:mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos searchterm".