Instant Messaging client-server solution?

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Mon May 23 21:28:49 EDT 2011

Quoting Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu>:

>> Leave the password blank? It keeps prompting me for a password when I
>> try to attach to the server, but that's not what you mean, right?
>
> Right.  That means that it's not working.

I thought so. One of the KDC logs said my workstation was getting an
XMPP ticket, but then that password prompt would show up anyway. I
figure the Openfire server isn't working in it's kerberized form
because of the #&@! dual ISP connections on that machine, i.e. it's
probably confused about its identity and therefore refusing to
cooperate. So I've now created a new virtual server for Openfire and
will continue with that later. But, at least I have the feeling now
that I'm on the right track again. :-)

Thanks!

Jaap