How to buil Kerberos for windows

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri May 20 11:11:32 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 15:43 -0400, Dao, Khanh (IS) wrote:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\include\ntstatus.h(11618) : warning

When I restored the basic Windows build, I tested with version 7 of the
SDK (I downloaded the SDK separately and used its build environment,
rather than using a Visual Studio release).  I don't know if that
accounts for the problem you're seeing.

Be aware that other people who have built krb5 1.9 for Windows have
reported issues with the GSSAPI library which I haven't investigated, so
while it builds, it may not actually work very well yet.

> Is there any installer for Windows for latest Kerberos 5 Release 1.9.1 ?

Not at the moment.  We have something in the works, but I can't give you
an estimated date.  For the moment, KfW 3.2.3 alpha 1 (based on 1.6) is
the most recent KfW release from MIT.  Secure Endpoints also distributes
a KfW build, which I believe is similarly based on 1.6.

I understand there's also a Heimdal port.