How to write script for ktutil

Carfield Yim carfield at gmail.com
Wed May 18 05:44:03 EDT 2011

We need to automatically generate Kerberos Keytab at Solaris machine
on Windows Active directory. The tool ktutil can let us do that
manually on solaris. However, look like there is no way to put the
command ktutil in a script, I tried to put all the command, as well as
passwords, in the file "input.txt" , and run

cat input.txt | ktutil

However, ktutil will complaint about : "addent: Cannot read password
while adding new entry"

Anyway I can put that in a script? From some web search there is a
perl module Authen-Krb5-Admin for this task, but the corresponding
documentation is not much, will anyone have good pointer about that?
Or I can simply do that using shell script?