NFS - Kerberos - Ubuntu

Sascha mlist at xtc4nrg.com
Sun May 15 13:15:54 EDT 2011

Hi,
I am using Ubuntu 11.04 with threes KVM and three virtual servers in it. One
forDNS/DHCP (probably not relevant for this topic), one with kerberos and ldap
named authenticate) and one with NFS (named file). And a client, also running
Ubuntu 11.04, named blacklin.

Ldap and Kerberos are probably working as intended, as I can login to the
client with the credentials specified in LDAP and kerberos.
However, when I am trying to mount the NFS shares on the client I get an error
message:
mount.nfs4: access denied by server while mounting file:/

Disabling the kerberos authentication in export the shares can be mounted
successfully. So I am assuming that it is an issue between NFS and Kerberos.

Saying that, I have made some trouble shooting.
Running rpc.svcgssd -f -vvvv on the NFS server while doing a mount on the
client is showing the following:

entering poll
leaving poll
handling null request
sname = nfs/blacklin.xtc4nrg.com at XTC4NRG.COM
DEBUG: serialize_krb5_ctx: lucid version!
prepare_krb5_rfc1964_buffer: serializing keys with enctype 4 and length 8
doing downcall
mech: krb5, hndl len: 4, ctx len 85, timeout: 1305563074 (84157 from now), clnt:
nfs at blacklin.xtc4nrg.com, uid: -1, gid: -1, num aux grps: 0:
: qword_eol: fflush failed: errno 95 (Operation not supported)
WARNING: error writing to downcall channel
/proc/net/rpc/auth.rpcsec.context/channel: Operation not supported
sending null reply
writing message: \x \x6080... DELETED ALL THE HEX FOR BETTER READBILITY ... 772
finished handling null request
entering poll
leaving poll
handling null request
sname = nfs/blacklin.xtc4nrg.com at XTC4NRG.COM
DEBUG: serialize_krb5_ctx: lucid version!
prepare_krb5_rfc1964_buffer: serializing keys with enctype 4 and length 8
doing downcall
mech: krb5, hndl len: 4, ctx len 85, timeout: 1305563074 (84157 from now),clnt:
nfs at blacklin.xtc4nrg.com, uid: -1, gid: -1, num aux grps: 0:
: qword_eol: fflush failed: errno 95 (Operation not supported)
WARNING: error writing to downcall channel
/proc/net/rpc/auth.rpcsec.context/channel: Operation not supported
sending null reply
writing message: \x \x602... DELETED ALL THE HEX FOR BETTER READBILITY ... 012
finished handling null request
entering poll
leaving poll
handling null request
sname = nfs/blacklin.xtc4nrg.com at XTC4NRG.COM
DEBUG: serialize_krb5_ctx: lucid version!
prepare_krb5_rfc1964_buffer: serializing keys with enctype 4 and length 8
doing downcall
mech: krb5, hndl len: 4, ctx len 85, timeout: 1305563074 (84156 from now),clnt:
nfs at blacklin.xtc4nrg.com, uid: -1, gid: -1, num aux grps: 0:
: qword_eol: fflush failed: errno 95 (Operation not supported)
WARNING: error writing to downcall channel
/proc/net/rpc/auth.rpcsec.context/channel: Operation not supported
sending null reply
writing message: \x \x6082021b... DELETED ALL THE HEX FOR BETTER READBILITY ...
9eab8
finished handling null request
entering poll
leaving poll
handling null request
sname = nfs/blacklin.xtc4nrg.com at XTC4NRG.COM
DEBUG: serialize_krb5_ctx: lucid version!
prepare_krb5_rfc1964_buffer: serializing keys with enctype 4 and length 8
doing downcall
mech: krb5, hndl len: 4, ctx len 85, timeout: 1305563074 (84156 from now),clnt:
nfs at blacklin.xtc4nrg.com, uid: -1, gid: -1, num aux grps: 0:
: qword_eol: fflush failed: errno 95 (Operation not supported)
WARNING: error writing to downcall channel
/proc/net/rpc/auth.rpcsec.context/channel: Operation not supported
sending null reply
writing message: \x \x6082021... DELETED ALL THE HEX FOR BETTER READBILITY ...
85987
finished handling null request