Kerberized samba and mounting network share on windows7

Kamil Jońca kjonca at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Mar 24 03:21:01 EDT 2011

There is host with samba on it. Shares were mounted by simple
net use \\host.with.samba password /user:username

 I tried to "kerberized" samba:
[...]
   security = ADS
   realm = KRB
   encrypt passwords = yes
   kerberos method = system keytab
+ proper (I think) keytab records

I can use it from linux clients
(by something like smbclient -k -L //host.with.samba/ )

It works and I can see obtaining ticket for service.

Question is: How (and if is it possible) to make the windows use
kerberos to mount windows share with Kerberos for Windows?

I tried with instructions from
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742433.aspx but with no
luck (despite the fact I don't have windows active directory server)

Moreover,  when I try to use from command line "net use ...", without
password) I can see ISSUING ticket for samba machine, but share is not
mounted on client :(

KJ

--
http://modnebzdury.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/niewiarygodny-list-prof-majewskiej-wprowadzenie/
kondensator - kondensatorych - kondensatoremu