Trying to use Windows Netidmgr with Keytab

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Mon Mar 14 10:12:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am using the latest Kerberos for Windows from Secure Endpoints.  I created the Windows DOS batch file below that obtains my kerberos 5 tickets using a keytab file.

set krb_user=murray
set KRB5CCNAME=FILE:c:\krb5cc_%krb_user%
set KRB5_KTNAME=\%krb_user%.keytab
kinit -5 -r 7d -k -t C:\%krb_user%.keytab %krb_user%@MYDOMAIN.NET
start /min C:\"Program Files"\MIT\Kerberos\bin\netidmgr.exe

The kinit line works and if I do a klist I have kerberos 5 tickets.  The last line in the script is intended to start Windows Netidmgr so it automatically renews these tickets using the keytab file.  Netidmgr starts and if I maximise it my identity is greyed out and my tickets don't get renewed unless I manually renew them by entering my password.  After that my tickets are renewed automatically.  Is there any way of making Netidmgr use the Keytab file instead of requiring passwords be entered?

Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks

Murray