Client not found in Kerberos database

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Sun Jun 26 17:29:11 EDT 2011

Quoting Marcus Watts <mdw at umich.edu>:

> The example you posted appears to have a leading space on the kerberos
> principal name.  Of course, that could be just the result of reformatting
> via your mail client.  Generally speaking, control characters including
> backspace could result in "invisible" text in your principal name.

It looks like you're right! Every time I see this error occur together
with a correctly spelled name, it includes one or more leading spaces.
However, I find it difficult to imagine that the users are doing this
intentionally. Could it be due to a problem with gdm, the display
manager being used?

Cheers,

Jaap