pam_krb5 for AIX

Sonja Benz sonja.benz at de.ibm.com
Fri Jul 15 11:02:45 EDT 2011

That's great. We need a pam_krb5 which supports an option like
"no_user_check". I guess, yours does not?

Sonja

From:
Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu>
To:
Sonja Benz/Germany/IBM at IBMDE
Cc:
kerberos at mit.edu
Date:
07/15/2011 07:21 AM
Re: pam_krb5 for AIX

Sonja Benz <sonja.benz at de.ibm.com> writes:

> a need pam_krb5 for AIX. Since AIX seems be special and a bit tricky if
> porting pam_krb5, I appriciate your advice: We do not necessarily need
> the newest package. A secure and easy to port one would be nice. The
> usage of pam_ldap will be limited in a way, where it will be dynamically
> called by another pam module which passes the user and its password and
> just is interesseted in success or failure status. Nothing else is
> needed.

My pam-krb5 did compile and work on AIX at one point in the past, I think,
although it's been a while and something else probably broke.  I'm happy
to try to help with the porting if you want to give it a shot.  It's at:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/pam-krb5/

I don't have an AIX box, but after 15 years of porting UNIX software, I
can usually figure out what's wrong from the compiler error messages.  :)