Cross Realm Administration?

Jeff draht jdraht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:07:59 EST 2011

Here are my ID Attributes; Please tell me what is incorrect about
this?

userPrincipalName 	 	jdraht at LAB-PASSHE.LCL
servicePrincipalName  	jdraht/admin at lab.passhe.lcl

View basic information about your computer

Windows edition------------------------------------------------
Windows Server  Enterprise
Copyright 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved
Service Pack 2

Here is my system keytab;
root at yeoman:/etc/krb5>klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: jdraht at LAB-PASSHE.LCL

Valid starting               Expires               Service principal
10/01/2011 09:45  10/01/2011 19:45  krbtgt/LAB-PASSHE.LCL at LAB-
PASSHE.LCL
        renew until 17/01/2011 09:45
10/01/2011 10:31  10/01/2011 19:45  ldap/drsaddcd01.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-
PASSHE.LCL
        renew until 17/01/2011 09:45

Are you saying that the userid info does not belong in there?

root at yeoman:/etc/krb5>klist -k
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
KVNO Principal
----
   2 host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-PASSHE.LCL
   1 xf1adm at lab-passhe.lcl
   1 xf1adm at lab-passhe.lcl
   1 xf1adm at lab-passhe.lcl
   1 xf1adm at lab-passhe.lcl
   1 xf1adm at lab-passhe.lcl
   1 xf1adm at lab-passhe.lcl
   1 xf1adm at lab-passhe.lcl
   4 jdraht at lab-passhe.lcl
   4 jdraht at lab-passhe.lcl
   4 jdraht at lab-passhe.lcl
   4 jdraht at lab-passhe.lcl
   4 jdraht at lab-passhe.lcl

According to Sun/Oracle, this is correct?
/etc/pam.conf

root at yeoman:/etc>more pam.conf
#
#ident  "@(#)pam.conf   1.31    07/12/07 SMI"
#
# Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
# PAM configuration
#
# Unless explicitly defined, all services use the modules
# defined in the "other" section.
#
# Modules are defined with relative pathnames, i.e., they are
# relative to /usr/lib/security/$ISA. Absolute path names, as
# present in this file in previous releases are still acceptable.
#
# Authentication management
#
# login service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
login   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
login   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
login   auth sufficient         pam_krb5.so.1
login   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dial_auth.so.1
#
# rlogin service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth)
#
rlogin  auth sufficient         pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rlogin  auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# Kerberized rlogin service
#
krlogin auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
krlogin auth required           pam_krb5.so.1
#
# rsh service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth,
# and pam_unix_auth for meaningful pam_setcred)
#
rsh     auth sufficient         pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rsh     auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
#
# Kerberized rsh service
#
krsh    auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
krsh    auth required           pam_krb5.so.1
#
# Kerberized telnet service
#
ktelnet auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
ktelnet auth required           pam_krb5.so.1
#
# PPP service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
ppp     auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_dial_auth.so.1
#
# Default definitions for Authentication management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for
authentication
#
other   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
other   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
other   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
other   auth sufficient         pam_krb5.so.1
other   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# passwd command (explicit because of a different authentication
module)
#
passwd  auth required           pam_passwd_auth.so.1
#
# cron service (explicit because of non-usage of pam_roles.so.1)
#
cron    account required        pam_unix_account.so.1
#
# Default definition for Account management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for account
management
#
other   account requisite       pam_roles.so.1
other   account required        pam_unix_account.so.1
other   account required        pam_krb5.so.1
#
# Default definition for Session management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for session
management
#
other   session required        pam_unix_session.so.1
#
# Default definition for Password management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for password
management
#
other   password required       pam_dhkeys.so.1
other   password requisite      pam_authtok_get.so.1
other   password requisite      pam_authtok_check.so.1
other   password sufficient     pam_krb5.so.1
other   password required       pam_authtok_store.so.1
#
# Support for Kerberos V5 authentication and example configurations
can
# be found in the pam_krb5(5) man page under the "EXAMPLES" section.