Kerberos5 + SSH Questions

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Jan 4 06:16:47 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 06:57:20PM +0800, Lee Eric wrote:
> debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
> Key table entry not found

Aha, that's your problem. What does the following show?

# ktutil
rkt /etc/krb5.keytab
l -e
^D

And what does 'klist' on the client show, after you've attempted to ssh?

> So I notice that it was due to SSH server side cannot find keytab but
> it exists in /etc/krb5.keytab:
> -r--------. 1 root root 526 Jan  3 00:58 /etc/krb5.keytab

It can find the keytab, but it can't find the right entry in the keytab.

BTW, was that copy-pasted? I've never seen a '.' after the mode bits before.

Regards,

Brian.