Kerberos cross-realm with AD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 18:03:35 EST 2011

On 8 February 2011 09:36, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now if fails somewhere else ; and on the web server I see:
> [Tue Feb 08 09:13:29 2011] [error] [client 1.2.3.4] gss_acquire_cred()
> failed: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more
> information (, No key table entry found for
> HTTP/server4-2.mel.domain.com at MEL.DOMAIN.COM)
>
> So it would seem the keytab on the web server running mod_auth_kerb
> will also need a realm created on the new MEL.DOMAIN.COM kdc ..

I found the reasoning behind this one.

In the /etc/krb5.conf I had:
Ah , as I was writing this I came with another idea ;
in /etc/krb5.conf I had:

[domain_realm]
 .domain.com = M.DOMAIN.COM
 domain.com = M.DOMAIN.COM
 .mel.domain.com = MEL.DOMAIN.COM

And sure enough, removing that last line ; error in apache logs are
gone, and it doesn't try to use
HTTP/server4-2.mel.domain.com at MEL.DOMAIN.COM anymore.

It still fails (with either Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may
provide more information (, Decrypt integrity check failed) ; or
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (,
Wrong principal in request)

; but I'm progressing. I'm now unsure if the remaining error is only
related to mod_auth_kerb or kerberos in general.

Thank you all for your help.. Made lots of progress today

Jean-Yves