Moving Kerberos to the Cloud?

Thomas Hardjono hardjono at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 8 09:38:05 EST 2011

Russ is absolutely correct.  This is also the reason why many Enterprises do not wish to run their mail-servers in the cloud.  The legal situation regarding third parties (ie. cloud providers) and their responsibilities/liabilities in handling their customer's infra & data, remains un-tested and unclear.

ps. Yes technically running your KDCs in the cloud (either as a SaaS or PaaS) is definitely feasible.

/thomas/