ssh tunnel between two KDCs

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 09:40:21 EST 2011

	Let's say I have two KDCs, primary/master and the slave (cannot edit
database, password changing included) where master is behind a firewall
with NAT and the slave is in the external side. And am storing the
principals database in ldap. Now, I would like to synchronize between
master and slave. Now usually that would mean redirecting port 88 and
389 (doing tls) and tricking the slave by creating an entry in
/etc/hosts for the primary kdc.

Now, let's say I want to do the replication but using a ssh tunnel that
is created at the primary kdc and goes straight to the secondary kdc. At
first glance that sounds like recipe to disaster, but is it doable?