No subject

Tue Dec 13 04:47:59 EST 2011

Authentication proceeds normally.
If I try to connect from host to client though, I get some strangeness.

If I run a kerberized rlogin to the system, it seems to authenticate
properly but immediately closes the connection (the logs show an exit
status of 1 for the spawned process from inetd). A telnet session just
seems to hang on connection. However, if I kerberized rsh a specific
command, that runs properly, and kerberized ftp is AOK.

Obviously, this seems to point fingers at a problem with the login
process, but normal telnet/rservices can work fine on the system, and
when I run login.krb5 on a separate tty by itself with agetty, that too
seems fine.

Anything I'm missing? Need to try?

Tim Gaastra