Gssapi Questions

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 24 11:17:25 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 21:08 -0400, Allen McWongahey wrote:
> 1)      In the top level "src" directory there is a "gssapi.h" header file
> in the "src" directory which simply does an "include <gssapi/gssapi.h>". But
> no directory called "gssapi" gets created nor does it come with the
> distribution.

This directory is created and populated when you build in lib/gssapi and
its subdirs.

> 2)      When running configure for OpenSSH it tries to include a header file
> "gssapi_krb5.h" or "gssapi/gssapi_krb5.h" depending on which of two GSSAPI
> compile flags are set. Neither of these exist in the Kerberos distribution.
> The nearest match I can find is "gssapiP_krb5.h" in "src/lib/gssapi/krb5".
> Am I missing something here or is OpenSSH looking in the wrong place?

This file is generated when you build in lib/gssapi/krb5, from
gssapi_krb5.hin in that directory.

It sounds like you're shortcutting some build steps, which is likely to
cause a long sequence of problems like this.