problem using disable_last_success

Dave Steiner steiner.dave at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:54:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to v1.9.1 and would like to turn off logging of
last success to see if that would give us better performance.

So I put the following in my krb5.conf, per the instructions in the
Administrator's Guide:

   [dbmodules]
        disable_last_success = true

Didn't really notice any improvement but ok.... then someone noticed
that we were still logging!  I dug around the code and found the
krb5.conf manpage that says this belongs in the dbdefaults section....
ok, I try:

   [dbdefaults]
        disable_last_success = true

Still doesn't seem to turn off  the logging.  A very quick look at the
code itself doesn't really help.

How should this be set?

thanks,
ds