Migrating to new hardware - best practises?

Bjørn Tore Sund bjorn.sund at adm.uib.no
Sat Apr 30 10:55:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

We have been running our KDCs on a dual Sun Solaris 10 setup for five
years, currently at MIT Kerberos 1.6.  The hardware is out of support,
Sun Solaris is going away by local policy and so we need to migrate to a
dual RHEL 6 setup with whatever version of MIT Kerberos is current from
rpms on that platform - currently 1.8.2.

After googling for a while I thought I'd ask here - is there a best
practices document we can use to plan the procedure?

Cheers,

-BT
Bjørn Tore Sund       Phone: 555-84894   Email:   bjorn.sund at adm.uib.no
IT department         VIP:   81724       Support: http://bs.uib.no
Univ. of Bergen

When in fear and when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.