how to change the realm name

aydin aydin at prosoft.com.tr
Wed Apr 27 17:12:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a working mit kerberos installation on an red hat enterprise linux system
with the domain name xxxx.org. I have to change this name to xxx.local

I decided to delete all information and reinstall with the new realm name

- deleted all the files under /var/kerberos/krb5kdc
- deleted /etc/krb5.keytab
- edited /etc/krb5.conf, configured it with the new realm name
- kdb5_util create -s to populate the database

under krb5kdc directory files

kadm5.acl and kdc.conf are not created.
Are these files are supposed to be created by kdb5_util
if yes can anyone tell me what could be wrong.

Regards,

Aydin Paykoc