IIS, Tomcat & Kerberos

dirweis dirweis at web.de
Wed Apr 20 07:03:35 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Kerberos authentication on IIS for reading out the
user's name.

To make it even more complicated: I let a Tomcat run via IIS 6.0 on which a
minimalistic servlet is running that does nothing but printing the user's
name:

out.print("Logged in as: " + request.getRemoteUser());

Tomcat's already running fine via the IIS (port 8080 is no longer needed in
the URL  :-)

For a simple testing my Windows 2003 server is all in one: Active Directory
Domain Controller / DNS, IIS server, Tomcat server and client.

For using Kerberos the following steps have been done:

- Kerberos Network Identity Manager is running

- I followed the howto on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215383, section
IIS 6.0

- IIS Default Web Site security runs with disabled anonymous access and with
checked option 'Integrated Windows authentication'

Can you tell me what else is needed?

Many thanks in advance for helpful answers!

Cheers, Dirk