MIT Kerberos for Windows

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Thu Sep 30 20:01:43 EDT 2010

 On 9/30/2010 7:45 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 1 October 2010 09:39, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman at secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
>
>> You should not have to build KFW from scratch to build applications.
>> The KFW SDK is included in the KFW installers.
>> You want to build against that, not the source tree.
>
> I agree.
>
> However, the author of TortoiseSVN wants to only build against source
> code and not pre-compiled libraries.
>
> So unfortunately, I had no choice on the matter

MIT Kerberos / GSS libraries are DLLs that are shipped independently.
It is not appropriate for individual software packages to distribute
their own builds of the libraries.  Nor should a software application be
tied to a specific release of the libraries.  TortoiseSVN should
recognize when Kerberos/GSS is available and use it when it is and
ignore it when it isn't.  As a result I see no reason why TortoiseSVN
should be built against MIT Kerberos source.

As a user of TortoiseSVN I would be more than happy to speak with the
author on this matter if he contacts me.

Jeffrey Altman