apache virtual hosts and keytabs

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Mon Sep 27 09:58:15 EDT 2010

Hi,

I wounder how correctly generate keytabs for virtual hosts in Apache?
 From what I read, most cases suggest create keytab for HTTP/hostname
where is hostname is actual hostname of machine not virtual hostname.
Error logs show these messages:
gss_accept_sec_context() failed: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code
may provide more information (, )

I've tried to generate keytab for virtual hostname only, this is of
course not work.
gss_acquire_cred() failed: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may
provide more information (, Key table entry not found)
if I change hostname to match virtualhost everything start working just
fine.

So what configuration I need to make virtual hosts to work with Kerberos?