MIT Kerberos for Windows

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 20:55:45 EDT 2010

Hi

On 24 September 2010 06:13, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman at secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
>  On 9/22/2010 11:53 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
> Read the release notes and apply a transform to the MSI installer for
> your organization that disables krb4 in the installer.
>
> Secure Endpoints can provide you with such a transform under a support
> request.

This is what I ended up doing...

A pity that the krb5.ini in the instructions provided can't be made
part of the MSI installer file.

Something is not right in the release not however, it states that by
setting LEASHUSEKRB4 to 0 ; it will not request krb4 tickets. I found
that this LEASHUSEKRB4 has no effect whatsoever.
What I ended up doing is create a new registry key that completely
disable the plugin. This achieve the same effect.

BTW, where can I find the Windows Kerberos SDK for 64 bits platform? I
have found the 32 bits one, but not the 64 bits one.
I'm trying to kerberize some tools (TortoiseSVN) ; I have it working
for 32 bits, would like to do the same for windows 7 64 bits.

Thanks
JY