NFS access failures

Kevin Coffman kwc at umich.edu
Fri Sep 17 13:48:55 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Nicolas Segoviano
<nicolas.segoviano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have setup NFS + kerberos my OS is FC13 however when I try connect the NFS
> server generates the following error and the connection fails, what am I
> missing?

> Sep 17 09:49:26 snoopy rpc.svcgssd[25295]: prepare_krb5_rfc4121_buffer:
> serializing key with enctype 18 and size 32

This says you are trying to use a key with AES256 encryption, which
isn't supported in the FC13 kernel.  (I believe support for enctypes
other than DES went into 2.6.35)

See http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/krb5-setup.html on
how to create the server's keytab entry.

K.C.