Kerberos Admin in Java

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 14 13:27:36 EDT 2010

Bram Cymet <bcymet at cbnco.com> writes:
>  On 09/13/2010 05:48 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> I don't know of any implementation of (either of the) kadmin RPC
>> protocols in Java.  I'd be interested in having the same thing, but I
>> doubt anyone has written it.

> You refereed to "either of the" kadmin RPC protocols. Were you referring
> to the TCP and UDP interfaces or something else entirely? From what I
> have been able to figure out kadmin using XDR/RPC as its RPC protocol.

Heimdal and MIT use different kadmin protocols that are not interoperable.
I don't know to what extent this is just the high-level commands and to
what extent this is the RPC layer; I haven't looked at the details of
either protocol.  I'm sure someone else here would know off the top of
their head, though.