Help

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Oct 29 16:48:06 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:35:43PM -0200, Paulo Oliveira wrote:
> > When you type kinit do you still see the following error?
> >
> > > kinit: Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm teste.uem while getting initial credentials
>
> Yes, It's appearing the same error.
>
> > If so, does kerberos.teste.uem exist in the DNS or in /etc/hosts ?
> > What happens if you type "ping kerberos.teste.uem" ?
>
> I typed ping kerberos.teste.uem...and appeared the following message:
>
> ping: unknown host kerberos.teste.uem

This means that your server can't find any machine called
"kerberos.teste.uem" - that is, it cannot convert that name into an IP
address.

> I am new in Kerberos! Sorry if my asks are a little basics.

I'm afraid your problem is not with Kerberos; you need to learn some basics
of TCP/IP and DNS first.  Use google to find some tutorials, and if you have
questions, another mailing list may be a more appropriate place to ask.