override default credentials cache file location

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 15 00:32:20 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 19:04 -0400, Zaar Hai wrote:
> 1. Where can I submit a feature request for this?

Consider it requested.  I can't make any promises about whether or when
it will be addressed, but it might fit on the margins since it's pretty
easy.  It's unlikely to make the 1.9 release (which has already
branched), so it would take a while for it to make it into the 1.10
release and from there into the operating systems you use.

> 2. MEMORY ccache type will not be good for pam_krb5, but only for
> things like LDAP server that do not spawn subprocesses / shells,
> correct?

That's correct; MEMORY ccaches are stored in mutex-protected process
global variables, so are not shared between processes.  (They could work
across forks, but as you'd expect, once the fork happens, changes in the
parent would not be reflected in the child or vice versa, and an exec
would completely wipe out a memory ccache.)