override default credentials cache file location

Chris Ward krice at facebook.com
Thu Oct 14 14:51:53 EDT 2010

I could be wrong, but I think what you want is this:

KRB5CCNAME

     Used by the mechanism to specify the location of the credential cache.
The variable can be set to the following value:

     [[<cc type>:]<file name>]

     where <cc type> can be FILE or MEMORY. <file name> is the location of
the principal's credential cache.

     If KRB5CCNAME is not defined, the default value is:

     FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_<uid>

     where <uid> is the user id of the process that created the cache file.

     The credential cache file is used to store tickets that have been
granted to the principal.

     Specifying the FILE types assumes that subsequent operations on the
associated file are readable and writable by the invoking process. Care
must be taken to ensure that the file is accessible only by the set of
principals that need to access their credentials. If the credential file
is in a directory to which other users have write access, you need to set
that directory's sticky bit (see chmod(1)).

     The MEMORY credential cache type is used only in special cases, such
as when making a temporary cache for the life of the invoking process.