Question on mutual authentication

SANDERS Miguel miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com
Sat Oct 2 05:01:27 EDT 2010

Hi guys

I have a question concerning the mutual authentication in the kerberos flow. I know that the client proves his identity to the AS by using the PA-ENC-TIMESTAMP (preauthentication). Similarly, the authenticator in the TGS-REQ is used to prove the client's identity to the TGS. But how does the AS prove his identity to the client in the AS-REP message? Same question for the TGS in the TGS-REP message.

Thanks for explaining

Met vriendelijke groet
Best regards
Bien à vous

Miguel SANDERS
ArcelorMittal Gent

UNIX Systems & Storage
IT Supply Western Europe | John Kennedylaan 51
B-9042 Gent

T +32 9 347 3538 | F +32 9 347 4901 | M +32478 805 023
E miguel.sanders at arcelormittal.com
www.arcelormittal.com/gent