keytab entry not found

Bram Cymet bcymet at cbnco.com
Thu Nov 25 17:08:01 EST 2010

  On 11/24/2010 10:31 PM, Bram Cymet wrote:
>    Hi I am trying to use GSSAPI to ssh to a server with no password.
>
> On the server I am getting:
>
> debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
> Key table entry not found
>
> However here is my keytab:
>
> klist -ke /etc/krb5.keytab
> Keytab name: WRFILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
> KVNO Principal
> ----
> subject but none of them have seem to help.
>
> I am a little confused as the host entry is clearly in the keytab.

We have solved our problem. There was a problem with our DNS entry for
anubis.ls.cbn so that it reversed to nothing. So when the server was
looking for the keytab entry is didn't know what it was looking for.
Once we fixed the reverse DNS problem everything worked perfectly.

--
Bram Cymet
Software Developer