krb5+Ubuntu (maverick, jaunty (LTS))+ssh

Thomas Schweikle tps at vr-web.de
Fri Nov 19 08:03:09 EST 2010

Hi!

I have set up a kerberos server on ubuntu jaunty (10.04.1 LTS) this
server works as far as I can see.

loging into a maverick machine works too: I am handled a tgt. Now to
the problems:

I can log in from maverick to maverick machines. No problem.
kerberos does what it is expected to do.

I can't log in from any jaunty (10.04.1 LTS) machine to any other
machine using kerberos. I am handled a session key, but
authenticating against any of the jaunty-machines fails. ssh falls
back to password authentication.

The kerberos server on jaunty seems to work as expected, but the
client and GSSAPI seems badly broken.

Does anyone else have seen this? If yes, any solutions?

--
Thomas