Kerberos for Windows 3.2.3-alpha and Network Identity Manager 2.0

petesea@bigfoot.com petesea at bigfoot.com
Fri Nov 12 18:34:18 EST 2010

I have a few questions about the new Kerberos for Windows (KfW) on MIT's
website and the new Network Identity Manager (NIM) on Secure Endpoints
website.

- What's different between KfW-3.2.2 and KfW-3.2.3.alpha on MIT's website?
Are there any release notes for 3.2.3.alpha?

- At the end of the KfW-3.2.3.alpha install, there's a question:

   Ensure that the Kerberos tickets are available throughout the Windows
   login session

What does this mean?  And how is this setting configured?  I couldn't find
a difference in what was installed or in the registry depending on if this
was enabled or not.

- Exactly how "alpha" is 3.2.3?   Based on the dates here:

   http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/kfw/3.2/kfw-3.2.3-alpha1/

It looks like it's been on the website for almost 1.5 years, which seems
like quite a while... are there plans to release this at some point?

- Does 3.2.3 include the new NIM 2.0 from Secure Endpoints website?

- Can NIM 2.0 (from Secure Endpoints) be installed over top KfW
3.2.3.alpha?   And if so, is it a wise thing to do?