kerberized exchange with alias

John Hefferman john.hefferman at cern.ch
Thu Nov 11 07:50:04 EST 2010

Dear List,

I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have any experience with using Kerberos in conjunction with exchange servers that are behind an alias, when using AD as the KDC?

For instance if exch1.domain.com and exch2.domain.com are behind exch.domain.com, is there any way to specify exch.domain.com as the imap server on the clients and have them successfully acquire a service ticket for imap/exch1.domain.com (if that was the selected server)?

The e-mail clients I was interested in are Alpine, Thunderbird and Evolution.

Best Regards,

John