Help

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Nov 9 14:09:00 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 03:20:37PM -0200, Paulo Oliveira wrote:
>    Now I am with problems to configure the Kerberos again.
>    When I type /usr/sbin/kadmind appear:
>    kadmind: No such file or directory while initializing, aborting

Have you been following the Kerberos installation and admininistrator's
guides?  If not, you should be.

http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/krb5-1.8/krb5-1.8.3/doc/krb5-install.html#Installing%20Kerberos%20V5
http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/krb5-1.8/krb5-1.8.3/doc/krb5-admin.html

>    When I type /usr/sbin/krb5kdc appear:
>    krb5kdc: cannot initialize realm teste.uem - see log file for details

Did you look in the log file? What did it say?

I'm guessing you didn't configure the KDC. This is all documented at the
first link I gave above.

Note that the locations of files may be different depending on what type of
system you have and where you got your packages from.  For example, the RPM
of krb5 1.6 from CentOS 5 stores kdc.conf in /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

You may need to look inside the packages to find out where the files are on
your system. e.g. rpm -ql <packagename> or dpkg-query -L <packagename>.

>    When I type kinit appear:
>    kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'teste.uem' while getting
>    initial credentials

If you haven't successfully started your KDC, then clearly a client will be
unable to contact it.