krb5_cc_default_name() crash with Kerberos For Windows

Thomas Calderon calderon.thomas at gmail.com
Sat May 29 12:15:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to report a strange behavior from Kerberos For Windows. I am
having a hard time reproducing the bug because I think it is caused by the
renewing process when the TGT expires. For instance, if a kerberized
web-page stays open for a long time without using the computer, a pop-up
would be displayed showing "krb5_cc_default_name() failed". After searching
on the bug track I found that it might be linked to a previously reported
bug (
http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?user=guest&pass=guest&id=5980).

However, I guess that the current KfW (3.2.2) does not include the bug fix.
Would it be possible to release a version of KfW with recent kerberos core ?

Regards,

Thomas Calderon