Build on HP 11.31

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon May 17 13:57:58 EDT 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 10:20, vir vir wrote:
>> From the MIT website http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/krb5-1.8/krb5-1.8.1/doc/krb5-install.html#HPUX
> it has been tested only on HP 10.20
> does it mean that MIT Kereberos doesn't support 11.31?

Take that with a large grain of salt.  As of when I left the MIT Kerberos team (about a year ago), we had no way of testing any version of HPUX ourselves, and hadn't for a long time.  The mention of testing "recently" in the documentation was probably accurate when that text was last updated... which appears to be mid-2003.  Note also the rather outdated OSes listed in the sections before and after that one.

You will probably have better luck checking the archives of the kerberos at mit and krbdev at mit mailing lists for other HPUX references.  Any patches needed for 11.x that might not have been integrated yet may well just apply for building on 11.31.  There's probably nothing major needed -- maybe fixing shared-library suffixes or stuff like that where the build system accidentally makes assumptions fit for most, but not all, of the UNIX-type systems around these days.

Please do send a patch to the bug tracker (krb5-bugs at mit) if you come up with patches to make it build and run successfully on HPUX 11.31 -- documentation updates related to building on modern HPUX would be great, also!

Ken

--
Ken Raeburn / raeburn at mit.edu / no longer at MIT Kerberos Consortium