using a ssh key for krb5 mount

Richard Smits R.Smits at tudelft.nl
Mon May 17 11:02:31 EDT 2010

Hello,

Is the following scenario possible.

A user opens a ssh session to a server. User logs in and obtains a krb5
ticket. The automounter mounts his krb5/nfs4 homedir on another server.

This is working, no problem here.

But now we have a user who wants to authenticate from home with his ssh
private/public key. His public key is in his homedir. (Which is not
mounted yet)

If the user logges in, this mechanism works for a couple of hours.
(ticket is valid then)

But my question is, is this possible ? Obtaining a krb5 ticket with ssh
public/private key mechanism ?

I think not ... but you never know .. Does krb5 always wants a password ?

Does anyone know ?

<user> --SSH--> <accessserver> --krb5 mount--> <homedirserver>

Greetings Richard