Aw: Re: kerberized OpenLDAP

Wolf-Agathon Schaly schaly_wolf-agathon at arcor.de
Wed Mar 31 01:58:49 EDT 2010

Thank you Guillaume for your helpful answer

What I've done on the LDAP server
I've generated a -randkey ldap/declips.privat.net at PRIVAT.NET - LDAP service key. Modified the relevant ldap startup file, providing the path where LDAP will find it's keytab file and restarted the entire host - just to make sure that no old TCP connection will block the TCP port 389 (LDAP)

Checked the krb5kdc.log while user calls kinit - YES - the initial communication is fine, user gets it's TGT
When I do the ldapsearch -x on the server as expected all is fine (LDAP not yet involved)
When I do the ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI (on the server) - YES all is fine. But something is weird.
When I've checked my klist I'll get in return

klist
03/29/10 13:07:54  03/30/10 14:07:54  krbtgt/PRIVAT.NET at PRIVAT.NET
        renew until 04/05/10 13:07:54
03/29/10 13:08:04  03/30/10 14:07:54  ldap/localhost@
        renew until 04/05/10 13:07:54
03/29/10 13:08:04  03/30/10 14:07:54  ldap/localhost at PRIVAT.NET
        renew until 04/05/10 13:07:54

Hmmm - what I did next, I changed the keytab.
Removed the localhost stuff and added the ldap/declips.privat.net at PRIVAT.NET principal (unfortunately only)

What I'm going to do next - I'll generate a keytab file including the ldap/localhost and ldap/declips.privat.net and will try out.

I'll keep you updated.

cheers
Wolf-Agathon