Multi REALM krb config file.

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 29 14:03:13 EDT 2010

Techie <techchavez at gmail.com> writes:

> The krb5.conf man page seems to indicate that you can have multiple
> Kerberos REALMS defined in a single krb5.conf file.

> Will doing this allow authentication to multiple realms?  If so, will it
> try and contact each defined realm until it sees a matching principal?

It depends on what you mean by "it."  If you mean kinit, I don't believe
it has support for this.  If you mean something else, it depends on the
application.  For example, you can configure my pam-krb5 PAM module to do
this.

I believe MIT Kerberos only lets you define a single default realm, which
is the realm used for authentication if no realm is specified in the
principal name.  (However, you can do things with server referrals.)