How to kerberize app

Remi Ferrand remi.ferrand at cc.in2p3.fr
Sat Mar 27 10:36:37 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'd like to kerberize a sample application (server send HELLO to every
client) just to understand how to kerberize a very simple application.

My questions:
* Is GSS-API the easiest method and the most portable way to used
Kerberos authentication ?
* What are the other authentication methods (other than GSS-API) that
relies on Kerberos auth ?

This simple app (server / client) I'm trying to create is just a first
step. Next, we gonna migrate our real applications written in C / Perl /
Python, that's why portability is important and why GSS-API seems the
best way to do this ... am I right ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
R.

--

Remi Ferrand             | Institut National de Physique Nucleaire
Tel. +33(0)4.78.93.08.80 |     et de Physique des Particules