cisco catalyst 3750 help

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Mar 25 17:12:46 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 23:26 +0300, Nikolay Shopik wrote:
> On 25.03.2010 15:41, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> > Funny thing, I once had tickets/gssapi working with the catalysts, but
> > that was a number of years ago. That is what the krb5-telnet
> > authentication mode does. There was a bug that caused a hard reboot with
> > the IOS, Cisco says that it has been fixed, that is why I thought I
> > would try Kerberos again.
> >

> That was 3750 back in days when you got it working or something like
> core switches 6500?

3750s, not 6500s. Like I said, a certain option with telnet.krb5 caused
a hard reboot of the IOS, so I filed a bug report with Cisco. About a
year later they said that the bug was fixed and that was two or three
years ago. Unfortunately there is some nuance that I cannot remember and
I am having trouble debugging this one.

-matt