unable to get default realm for solaris 10

Kumar, Dileep Dileep.Kumar at atosorigin.com
Mon Mar 22 04:08:24 EDT 2010

Dear Will,

I am using below solaris 10 OS version:

[dgkumar at nlxsl299 ~]$ cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 5/09 s10s_u7wos_08 SPARC
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 30 March 2009

The Kerberos version available on our Solaris 10 OS is: MIT Kerberos V5.

I had installed the Kerberos from the instruction given at MIT Kerberos site but getting following error:
'configuration file does not specify default realm'.

As details given from the url:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4557/seamtm-1?a=view
I tried to configure my KDC but it seems my Kerberos was not installed properly. In above link it is not mentioned how to install Kerberos on solaris10. It have only configuration details of Kerberos.

Can you refer any site from where I can properly install Kerberos from Solaris10 OS DVD?

Regards,
Dileep Kumar | Atos Origin India | Software Engineer dileep.kumar at atosorigin.com | D: +91 -22-6733 4392| M: +91 9820585213|
www.atosorigin.com