Local development database?

charlieok charlieok at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 20:58:45 EDT 2010

I'm trying to set up a development environment for an application that
includes a kerberos realm. I'm running into a difficulty with the
kerberos software though.

I'm trying to change the "localstatedir" value to point to a directory
within my project so that I can use utilities like kdb5_util to
create, destroy and operate on a kerberos database. I see that this is
an option that can be passed to 'configure' before building the
kerberos binaries, but I'm not seeing a way to set it later, such as
via an environment variable or command line option.

Any help on this much appreciated!

-Charlie